Set-up Instructions for Hoopla
for your computer or mobile device
- Register for an account by visiting www.hoopladigital.com and clicking Sign Up, or download the Hoopla app
to your iOS or Android mobile device by visiting the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. You will need:
• an email address
• to create a password
• your library card number. You can ignore the pin number field - we don’t use pins at our Library.
- Browse titles or search for a specific title or author by clicking on the Search box and typing in your keyword.
- When you find something you like click Borrow.
- Click Play. Borrowed titles are listed under My Titles. This page also shows how many days you have left to watch or listen to a title.
- Click Download to listen or watch titles offline. This feature is only available on mobile devices.
MOBILE TABLETS & PHONES
• Apple iOS 8 and newer
• Android 4.4 and newer
hoopla supports all major browsers, which include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, and Safari. We always recommend using the latest version of any browser to ensure you have the best possible user experience.
Please note that some browsers require third-party plugins for media playback. They are as follows:
Mozilla Firefox: Google Widevine is required for video playback
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 7 & 8): Microsoft Silverlight is required for video playback
Safari: Microsoft Silverlight is required for video playback