Set-up Instructions for Hoopla
Hoopla offers movies, TV shows, music albums and audiobooks to stream or download when offline.
To set-up your computer or mobile device
1. Register for an account by visiting www.hoopladigital.com and clicking Sign Up, or download the Hoopla app to your iOS or Android mobile device by visiting the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
You will need:
- an email address
- to create a password
- your library card number. You can ignore the pin number field – we don’t use pins at our Library.
2. Browse titles or search for a specific title or author by clicking on the Search box and typing in your keyword.
3. When you find something you like click Borrow.
4. Click Play. Borrowed titles are listed under My Titles. This page also shows how many days you have left to watch or listen to a title.
5. Click Download to listen or watch titles offline. This feature is only available on mobile devices.
Supported Mobile Tablets & Phones
- Apple iOS 6.0 and newer
- Android 4.0 and newer
Supported Browsers on Laptop and Desktop Computers
hoopla supports all major browsers, which include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 and Safari. Please note that some browsers require third-part plugins for media playback.
Mozilla Firefox: Google Widevine is required for video playback.
Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 7&8): Microsoft Silverlight is required for video playback.
Safari: Microsoft Silverlight is required for video playback.
Hoopla Lending Facts
- All of the titles are available all of the time, no waiting!
- You may borrow up to 50 titles per month.
- Titles are automatically returned and you are welcome to borrow a title again if you are not finished. Music titles, however, can only be borrowed 2 times in 1 month.
- Videos = 3 days
- Music = 7 days, but a single title may only be borrowed 2 times in 1 month
- Audiobooks = 21 days